Get fit with your BFF (Best Furry Friend)
Did you pile on a few pounds over Christmas and New Year? And did your BFF ( Best Furry Friend) pile them on as well?
It’s so temping to give our dogs treats especially when they are staring at you with those big loving eyes. But a New Year brings new resolutions - again.
Owning a dog is an ideal incentive to lose some Christmas tummy, increase fitness levels and it gives you the perfect reason for regular strolls, fast pace walking and jogging.
We are so lucky to live in an area where we are spoilt for choice of beautiful places to walk right on our doorstep.
Here are 5 of PIT’s Favourite places to walk, jog and bark around Eastbourne;
1. The walk from the colourful beach huts at Treasure Island to the Eastbourne Pier. Very dog friendly and nice and flat to ease in to the exercise routine! Check out the Eastbourne Designer Beach Hut Competition winners on your way
2. The Wish Tower to Holywell, with amazing views of Beachy Head. It’s very accessible and easier on dogs with little legs or who are more senior
3. Butchers Hole in Friston Forest is great for jogging and letting your dog off the lead. With its wide paths and beautiful trees it’s great for your curious, exploring kind of dog. If you’re feeling really keen there is also a cycle track
4. Seven Sisters Country Park, with its winding walk way down to the sea is perfect for letting your dog run off the lead because you can see far ahead if they start to out run you! When you hit the beach the views and the space around you will leave you speechless (and not too breathless!)
5. Butts Brow to Jevington is a beautiful Sussex Downs Walk with sheep grazing and a relatively short walk with the promise of the very dog friendly Eight Bells Pub at the end.
Happy Walkies for 2018 from the PIT team